History of the Department of Education and Personnel Development has always been directly associated with the Interfaculty Pedagogical Department. It was 1963 when the Ministry of Higher Education established an independent unit for education of teachers of economic subjects at the Higher School of Economics in Poznan. Its staff consisted of three scientific and didactic workers (professor, associate professor and assistant), one PhD student and one administrator. Development of the staff, expansion of educational offer for full time and extra mural studies, the increasing number of research projects and a vision of the Department’s Head- prof. Aldona Andrzejczak- resulted in establishing a new department at the Faculty of Economics. The Department of Education and Personnel Development came into existence on 1 September 2002. It was an interdisciplinary scientific and didactic unit dealing with issues of education and development of the staff in various sectors of the economy. Professor Aldona Andrzejczak continues to manage the Department.
Currently, the Department employs seven scientific and didactic workers: prof. dr hab. Aldona Andrzejczak and prof. dr hab. Bazyli Czyżewski; five associate professors: dr Joanna Furmańczyk, dr Jerzy Kaźmierczyk, dr Joanna Schmidt, dr Bartosz Sławecki and dr Anna Wach-Kąkolwicz; and three PhD students: : mgr Adam Metelski, mgr Magdalena Olejniczak and mgr Olena Shelest. The Department has huge and diversified scientific and didactic potential. Suffice it to say that its staff consists of an educator, psychologist, sociologist, economists, graduates of business management, marketing, ethnolinguistic and Russian philology.
Research areas of the Department include:
- functioning of the education system in cultural, social and economic aspects,
- the role of the state and employers in improving workers' skills,
- profitability of educational investments,
- development of human capital in organizations and training management,
- functioning and development of employees in local labor markets,
- improvement of academic teachers’ skills.
The Department is university-wide. The educational offer includes subjects associated with issues of education, development of self and others, and training management in companies. The members of the staff conduct classes at all levels of academic education at the Faculty of Economics, Commodity Science, Management, International Economy, and Informatics and Electronic Economy.
Subjects taught by our staff include:
- Methodology of intellectual work,
- Economic Psychology,
- Psychology of work,
- Development and evaluation of trainings,
- Psychology of business,
- Social psychology,
- Psychology in management,
- Human development in organizations,
- Modern methods and techniques of teaching,
- Non-profit sector in the economy,
- Contemporary labor market,
- Public benefit activities and volunteer work,
- Methods of qualitative research,
- Human resources management in public and non-profit organizations,
- Human behavior in the organization – in cooperation with the Department of Labour and Social Policy,
- Planning a career in financial market institutions – in cooperation with the Department of Banking,
- Introduction to macroeconomics, Macroeconomics, Economic fundamentals of food economy, Derivatives on food markets – in cooperation with the Department of Macroeconomics and Agricultural Economics
Since 2009, the Department has organized and supervised Postgraduate Studies Psychology in Business. In addition, since spring semester of 2010, in cooperation with the Vice-Rector for Education and Science, the Department launched University Pedagogical Training for the Young PUE Staff.