In Poznań you can find many interesting facilities for sports and recreation. Please find some examples below:
Lake Malta Centre
A place which you have to visit! It is situated in the eastern part of Poznań, constitutes one of the most attractive sports and recreational areas in the city. Such events as: rowing, canoeing and motorboat races, as well as swimming, triathlon and long-distance swimming competitions can be held there. There is a walking path around the lake which can be also used for cycling or roller-skating. There is a park with The New ZOO.
The Malta Ski Centre is also situated in this area. It is open all year. It possess two slopes: 150 and 30 meters long. You can hire the skiing equipment on the spot. There is also a sledge track, a bike hire, miniature golf course, restaurants and cafeterias.
There are several indoor swimming pools and three outdoor in Poznań.
The most popular are:
- “Poznań Centre of Sports and Recreation”, ul. Chwiałkowskiego 34,
- “Posnania - Gem Set Mecz” ul. Słowiańska 78
- “Atlantis”, Os. S. Batorego 101
- “Olimpia”, ul. Reymonta 1
- “Termy Maltanskie”, ul. Termalna 1
Tennis Courts: there are at least 8 tennis courts in Poznan, for example:
- “Top Tennis Club”, ul. Bukowska 53 A,
- “Olimpia”, ul. Warmińska 1,
There are also other recreational places like: fitness clubs, aerobic clubs, bowling alleys, etc.
- „Centrum Rekreacji NIKU”, ul. Piątkowska 200
- "Gravitacja" Posnania - shopping mall, I floor
- „MK bowling”, ul. Święty Marcin 24
- Skating Rink “Bogdanka”, ul. Księcia Józefa/Północna 9
- Skating Rink "Chwiałka" ul. Żelazka 1
- Gym "Mcfit" - plac Andersa 7
- Gym "Fabryk Formy Bałtyk" - ul. Roosevelta 22