UEP conducts its scientific activity in 49 departments forming 5 faculties:
- Faculty of Economics - 13 departments
- Faculty of International Business and Economics- 8 departments
- Faculty of Informatics and Electronic Economy- 7 departments
- Faculty of Commodity Science - 7 departments
- Faculty of Management - 14 departments
Academic staff of the University consists of over 530 teachers, including 50 professors and more than 80 associate professors.
Research activities of the University cover a wide area of scientific research, focusing on six fields:
- international economy,
- management sciences,
- commodity science
- statutory research tasks within the subject area of departments,
- research and development projects, funded directly by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education, National Science Centre, National Centre for Research and Development, and other institutions,
- international research projects, including those implemented within the European Union Framework Programmes,
- jobs and projects commissioned by domestic and foreign business entities.