The Poznań University of Economics (PUE) is among the top three most renowned and influential Polish universities of economics.
Scientific research is conducted in 49 PUE departments forming 5 faculties:
- The Faculty of Economics (13 departments)
- The Faculty of International Business and Economics (8 departments)
- The Faculty of Informatics and Electronic Economy (7 departments)
- The Faculty of Commodity Science (7 departments)
- The Faculty of Management (14 departments)
PUE research and teaching staff amount to ca. 530, including over 50 full professors and over 80 associate professors
The wide-ranging research conducted at PUE concentrates particularly on 6 fields:
- International Business
- Commodity Science.
PUE academics are involved in various kinds of research activities (ca. 550 research projects in the years 2010-2012), including:
- Statutory and own research focusing on the areas particular departments specialize in
- R&D projects funded by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education, the National Science Center, the National Center for Research and Development, and other agencies
- International research projects, including the ones funded from EU Framework Programs (5., 6., 7. FP), etc.
- Commissioned research projects (applied business projectsperformed on a Polish or an international scale).
Research conducted at PUE is interdisciplinary and frequently stems from business practice. It results in process, product, organization and marketing innovations offering their users, i.e. businesses, institutions, etc., a substantial competitive advantage.
Close collaboration with both domestic and international partnersguarantees the excellence of research conducted at PUE and the University’s close connection to business practice determines the largely applied nature of its research projects and encouragescommercialization efforts. Additionally, the necessity to follow the changing trends in science and face constant challenges requires high flexibility as regards performing research.