The research team of the Department of Macroeconomics and Agricultural Economics manages Bachelor and Master programmes: Food Economy and biobusiness.
Within the programmes, general and specific subjects (macro- and microeconomics) are taught. They are linked with the functioning of the agricultural sector and the food economy in the world, with emphasis on Poland and EU countries.
It is worth to notice that this year (once again) our programme "Food economy and biobusiness" belongs to the top 50 master's degree programs in the world, educating students in agribusiness / food industry management.
„Eduniversal Masters Ranking - the best Master & MBA worldwide” has assessed 4000 Master and MBA programmes worldwide. The methodology used in the ranking takes into consideration the assessment of HR departments in international companies and the salaries the graduates earn in the first year of their working experience.
Eduniversal Group is a global leader in higher education information. The goal is to provide students worldwide with the tools to find the best education opportunities. Eduniversal's widely recognized academic rankings are the centerpiece of a global ecosystem of websites and services. Each year, more than 4 250 000 students use Eduniversal in their search for the right program.
Our team run seminar on Bachelor, Master and Doctoral level.
- Marketing analyzes in the agri-food sector
- Production-economic analysis of agribusiness enterprises
- Multivariate analyzes in the food economy
- EU funds in the food economy
- International trade in agri-food products
- Derivatives on food markets
- Marketing of food products
- Organization of the market in the food economy
- Economics of food economy
- Cooperatives in food economy
- Reproduction processes in the food economy
- Entrepreneurship in rural areas
- Company in the modern food economy
- Dual development in the food economy
- Quality assurance systems in the food economy
- Business Value Management in the Food Economy
Bachelor and Master programmes: Food Economy and biobusiness
Why do we encourage you to study for food economy and biobusiness?
The demand for agricultural economics specialists has been in the past, and is currently high, and the supply of staff is still disproportionately small. The food economy fully reveals its needs and opportunities only in the market economy. Profitability, albeit so dependent on state agricultural policy, creates tempting perspectives in this case. Relatively high abundance of land as well as traditions of food economy in Wielkopolska province encourage many students to associate their future professional life with agro and biobusiness. They expect to find an interesting, well-paid job without problems.
Opportunities for employment of graduates of Food Economy and Biobusiness Programme should be connected with the dynamically growing sector of private biobusiness enterprises (especially in Wielkopolska), which has experienced wide and good prospects in the conditions of Poland's integration with the EU. Students and graduates of our specialization have interesting practices in:
- The committees of the European Parliament,
- Agency for Restructuring and Modernization of Agriculture,
- Agricultural Market Agency,
- Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development,
- Ministry of Development,
What often results in a later employment in these institutions
Future jobs are also waiting for graduates of our specialization also in banks dealing with the food sector (commercial and co-operative), agribusiness consulting, classical agribusiness enterprises operating in food processing, especially fruit and vegetable, confectionery, meat, dairy and in broadly understood biobusiness.