How do I become an AIB-CEE member?
You can become an AIB-CEE member by registering as an AIB member and selecting your regional preference "09 Central and Eastern Europe".
Detailed information about AIB membership conditions can be found under:
What are the membership fees?
Membership fees are paid directly to the AIB. More information about the rates and possible discounts can be found under:
What are the benefits of being a member?
Today the AIB has 3291 members in 85 different countries. Individual membership in the Academy of International Business includes:
· Subscription to the print version of Journal of International Business Studies (JIBS), which publishes the latest IB research in the field.
· Online access to the complete archive and current issues of JIBS from its inception in 1970.
· Online access to the complete archive and current issues of the Asian Business & Management (ABM) journal.
· Print subscription to the AIB Newsletter, a quarterly AIB publication to keep you abreast of current activities and forthcoming events.
· Print subscription to the AIB Insights, a quarterly AIB publication that features interesting, topical, and thought provoking articles in the field of international business.
· Attendance at the Annual AIB Conference and Regional AIB Conferences at preferred-member conference registration rates.
· Access to the online AIB Membership Directory, to keep you in touch with your fellow colleagues around the world.
· Access to AIB-L electronic mailing list, keeping you abreast with latest announcements, calls for papers, and discussions.
· Access to the AIB Career Center, allowing you to follow available positions in the field, and post your resume for potential employers. Also, members have access to the Placement Center services for no additional charge.
· Numerous opportunities to present and publish your research, and network with colleagues in the field.
· A special 40 percent discount on all Palgrave Macmillan books in Business & Management. Visit the Palgrave Macmillan AIB Member Site for details.
How frequently do AIB-CEE conferences take place?
The annual conference take place every year. The 2014 will take place in Budapest on 9-11 October. The Chapter Seminar on 24.01.2014 was a kick-off, irregular event which is not of cyclical character, however similar research symposia are planned in different parts of the CEE region.
What is the difference between AIB-CEE and EIBA?
AIB-CEE is one of the 17 Chapters of the AIB, based at the Michigan State University, USA. EIBA is an independent, mostly Europe-based international business association. The two organizations are independent, although members can obviously belong to both of them at a time.
Can my university become an AIB member?
Yes, AIB offers the institutional membership option for an annual fee of $1250. More details on the conditions and benefit can be found under:
What is the AIB-L mailing list?
The AIB-L electronic mailing list allows sending e-mails to the AIB community of about 3300 e-mails within one click. It is a quick way for sharing information, asking for input or assistance of searching for research cooperation on a global basis.